Thank you for your post.
Here is what I have done:
1. I created a database file with five text fields.
2. In Layout mode, I selected the third field, formatted it as a drop-down list with two values ("Yes" and "No").
3. I then assigned a button to the third field that goes to the fourth field.
4. I set the field for Network Sharing and configured for WebDirect.
5. I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server and accessed the file via WebDirect.
6. There is a delay when tabbing from the second to the third field as the drop-down list is rendered.
7. I remove the button leaving the drop-down menu option.
8. The delay is the same tabbing from the second to the third field.
The same delay occurs if the field is formatted as a Pop-up menu.
Are you only seeing the delay when the field is set as a button?
Sorry I meant popover button, not dropdown list. The delay in querying the server for the information contained in a dropdown or popover list is completely understandable.
Just add the fields to the layout as standard edit boxes (no need to even have autocomplete or anything turned on) and then add separate popover button onto the layout (the popover button doesn't even have to be configured to do anything).
Thank you for the clarification.
I am able to replicate the performance issue with a Popover button present on a layout when accessing the file via WebDirect (Mac and Windows) using all browsers.
I have sent your information, along with my findings, to our Development and Testing departments for review. When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.
I have another case of an specific circumstance forcing forcing server-side tabbing for all fields on a layout. It looks as if switching the layout to a List View will result in all fields switching to server-side tabbing.
Testing and Development are already aware of this issue, and they have attached your post to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will let you know.