Product and version : Filemaker Pro 14.0.5
OS and version : OSX El Capitan vers. 10.11.4
Hardware: Apple Mac Pro (Cylinder) : 3.5 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 Gb Ram
Description: When used with a Ruler on display ( programmatically ), with focus, the text area is brought to the top, while the tab control is reset to the default tab - showing the fields on that tab UNDER the text area - that has focus.
How to replicate:
- Create a table with several text fields and a single "Comment" field of Text
- Build a layout for that table with a tab control that has two tabs
- Make the first tab, the default display tab
- Add the single line text fields to the first tab
- on the second tab, add a large "Comment" field - several lines deep.
- Set Script triggers " OnObjectEnter" and "OnObjectExit" for the Comment field to show text formatting with a script parameter of "Show" and "Hide" respectively - The script is added below:
- Exit Layout
- When the Comment field has focus - the problem appears
- When the comment field no longer has focus, the tab control is set back to the 2nd tab - showing the comment field with the new content.
This appears to be a complete new field being displayed over the top of the whole layout - associated with the format bar and ruler
Set Variable [$display; Value: Get(ScriptParameter)]
Allow Formatting Bar [Off]
Show/Hide Text Ruler [Hide]
Allow Formatting Bar [On]
Show/Hide Text Ruler [Show]
Workaround (if any)
Make the comment field large enough to cover the fields on the first tab - this is less distracting - however, the TAB control will show the first tab as "selected" while the comment field has focus.