AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help wil creating records in two databases via one script

Question asked by FM_DM on Apr 13, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 by ResoluteSystems

Hello

I have been asked to create a solution where an Invoice can be created in a new system from a job in a previous system.

A little bit of background. I am relatively new at filemaker and this system I am working on was not created by me. At the end of the final year a copy is taken of the old system and a new file is created from it - all jobs on the system are removed so the job numbers start at the next point (for instance last job on 2015 would be 235 the first on 2016 would be 236). I have been asked to create a way so that when a button is clicked an invoice number for a 2015 job is created in the 2016 file from which that invoice would be able to found.

Below I have attached a graph of the database relationship graph  - this would be the same for both databases currently as they are technically duplicates of each other. The invoice number is generated through a script the number is created in the invoice numbers table and then pasted into the actual invoice layout.

Is there a way I can create a new invoice number in the 2016 instance of the invoice number table? and create a find- able invoice without creating a new 'job' file ?  I am very much in the weeds on this I'm afraid just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

RElationships 1.PNG

Outcomes