I'm trying to create a database that will make it easier to keep track of what software/hardware is installed on each of our Graphic Artist computers at my facility.
I want to be able to print a report detailing, for each computer:
- Location of each Computer
- Hardware specs for each Computer (manufacturer, RAM, Hard Drive, Video Card, etc.)
- P.O. # for Computer
- Installed Software List
- License code for each piece of software
- P.O.# for each piece of software
- List of peripherals attached computer
- Specs for those peripherals
- P.O.# for each peripheral
Once this information is in the database, I'm assuming I should be able to generate reports based on:
- a particular Software Manufacturer
- what versions of their software we have installed in the building
- where those installations are located (which computers/rooms)
- the serial number associated with each installation
- The P.O.# associated with each installation
Here's what I have so far... Am I on the right track or completely off-base?
Thanks very much.