3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 2:23 PM by erolst

Checkbox Count

ZoocMan85

I have a field called activated for club and its a one checkbox setup with the word yes.

I have another field called total activated. I have a 100 records in this table and I have 60 records with the checkbox yes . How do I count the records with the checkbox yes checked? Total checkboxes should show as 60.

• 1. Re: Checkbox Count
          US

1. Add a global field gYes, it should be set a value with "Yes" when the database is opened

2. Build a relationship as shown

3. Add a calculation field as shown

Field.tiff

relationship.tiff

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Checkbox Count
            powella

Data displayed as a check box is just that. Checkbox is a UI item and doesn't effect the table storage of your data. You can count the "Yes"s the same way you would for any other field value.

A couple of options include searching for "Yes" and getting the record count (by hand or via script) or you could use related records and calculation fields.

• 3. Re: Checkbox Count
              erolst

Assuming that the checkbox holds either "Yes" or is empty, you can use a summary field Count of: checkboxField.

Be aware that this reflects the found set, so to get a result across all records, show all records.