5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2016 2:05 AM by skywillmott

Examples of live hosted WebDirect webpages on web?

JimPinter

Hello,

Do you know of any Examples of live hosted WebDirect webpages on the web that I could look at via a web browser?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Jim

• 1. Re: Examples of live hosted WebDirect webpages on web?
          skywillmott

Are there any particular features in WebDirect you like to see demonstrated?

As WebDirect is not really geared towards providing full public accessable and open websites - is more suited for smaller workgroups and teams, or for low traffic volume pages on some websites - e.g. sign up forms for a club etc, then you might not find too many obvious examples out there. It actually works well as a replacement for FileMaker Pro itself for remote users that may not have FileMaker installed. Also, the server requirements limit usage to up to 100 simultaneous users, as well as requiring 'concurrent license' purchases so not really suitable for high traffic website usage.

That being said, it is amazing - especially since v14, and I've been able to put it to fantastic use :-)

If you want to try it out and don't have your own FileMaker Server, then you could try one of the FileMaker hosting providers that provide WebDirect access - they often offer a 30 day free trial...

cheers,

Sky

• 2. Re: Examples of live hosted WebDirect webpages on web?
            JimPinter

Hi Sky,

I'd like to see any examples hosted live on the web, but, in particular, I'd like to see examples of graphics in container fields.

Do you know of any or how I could find any live hosted WebDirect webpages?

Thanks again,

Jim

• 3. Re: Examples of live hosted WebDirect webpages on web?
              jormond

AS skywillmott  pointed out. Even if you find the sites, you won't be ale to get in. People put their own access at risk by leaving a WebDirect page open to the public. You might find some unsuspecting servers with the sample file left open. But it would be typically unethical to connect to someone else's server without permission.

• 4. Re: Examples of live hosted WebDirect webpages on web?
                lylacinc

This was done in IWP, which was prior to Webdirect, but might give you an idea of what can be done. 

Go to:  Case Medical Inc and then click the Online Store button on the right side.  Users don't have to log in until they are actually ready to purchase. 

Hope this helps give you some idea of what can be done. 

• 5. Re: Examples of live hosted WebDirect webpages on web?
                  skywillmott

Hi Jim,

OK... So I have made available one of the FileMaker 14 Starter Solutions (Content Management) for you to access using WebDirect. It uses images in container fields... I'm not sure where you are located, but the server is in Washington DC...

I will message you access details...

cheers,

Sky