1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 7:15 AM by erolst

Estimate with related Estimate Data and Product Data tables

RyanAshton

Hi guys,

I've posted on this before, but never implemented it because it's just not working out the way I want.

I have an "Estimates" table with related "Estimate Data" that lists out all related records of products and services we supply to the client.

I want the "Estimate Data" to come from "Product Data" - copy it across from the Product Data table.

The problems I run into are as follows:

- At the moment, it is not copying from Product Data, just creating new records in Estimate Data.

- Can I do it all from just one layout - referencing Estimate Data, but getting the info from Product Data? And if I add new products in this layout, can they then be copied across the the Product Data table to be stored for future reference.

- If not, then maybe it's better to press an "Add items to Estimate" button and that opens the Product Data table where I can use checkboxes to add specific items to the new Estimate.

It's got to be super-easy to use.

The records in Estimate Data need to be editable once they have been copied over from Product Data, but changes to them once they have been added to the Estimate don't change the original record in Product Data. 

Screenshot 2016-04-19 16.55.30.png

Screenshot 2016-04-19 16.55.38.png

Screenshot 2016-04-19 16.55.47.png

Screenshot 2016-04-19 16.55.53.png

Screenshot 2016-04-19 17.09.47.png