7 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 8:59 AM by TSGal

FMSE crash when using CWP

zelenja8

Product and version FileMaker Server 14 (14.0.4.412)

OS and version OS X 10.11.3

Browser and version (for WebDirect only)

Hardware Mac mini (late 2014), 16gb ram

Description FMSE crash when using CWP (PHP API). In crash report is always this line:

com.filemaker.dbengine.framework0x000000010357dc4b Curl_resolv_timeout + 261

After some searching online I found some recommendations to add CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL so I added directly to PHP API but no change. We have this issues on two servers right now, both Mac mini with very similar specifications.

How to replicate I really don't know.

Workaround (if any)

• 1. Re: FMSE crash when using CWP
          TSGal

zelenja8:

Thank you for your post.

Both crash reports are similar.  I generally see this timeout error when a "Insert from URL" script step is executed.  What PHP steps are you taking when this issue occurs?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMSE crash when using CWP
            zelenja8

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I call PHP script with these commands:

$script = $this->db->newPerformScriptCommand($layout, $script, $parameters);

$result = $script->execute();

if($this->db->isError($result)) {

return "-2" . chr(13) . "FM Error Code: " . $result->code . chr(13) . "FM Error Message: " . $result->message;

} else {

return $result->getFirstRecord()->getFieldUnencoded("g_php_response");

}

and in FileMaker script that I execute from the code above is Perform Script on Server script step where I just create/read data and return new record's ID or result data, this result store to the field g_php_response and then i read this field from PHP.

• 3. Re: FMSE crash when using CWP
              TSGal

zelenja8:

Thank you for the additional information.

Does the crash always occur when running the script?  If so, have you narrowed the issue down to a particular step?

Please post the FileMaker script and the script that is run on the server.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMSE crash when using CWP
                zelenja8

This issue occur only about 2-3 times per day. The PHP script is called like 100 times per day.

script called from PHP:

Screenshot 2016-05-03 11.02.16.png

Screenshot 2016-05-03 11.04.18.png

Thank you

• 5. Re: FMSE crash when using CWP
                  TSGal

zelenaj8:

Thank you for the scripts.

Have you been able to narrow down the crash?  Since you have a lot of Set Field steps, when the script crashes, do any of the fields get populated?

What does the script "Log Plug-In run (start/end, script)" do?

Can you explain what the custom functions do?  (#P and FMBench_LogScriptEvent)

$FMBench is a local variable, and the step that follows is always an Exit Script step.  What is the purpose of $FMBench?

In line 17 of the "SYNC UPLOAD (type;uuid;data)" script, if FoundCount is 0 (no records) or greater than 1 (multiple records), the return result is -3.  Correct?

Do you notice if the crash occurs if $type="image"?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FMSE crash when using CWP
                    zelenja8

First we thought that crash occurs somewhere in that FM script so we added logging (Log Plugin-In run, $FMBench). Now we know that script finish correctly(last scrip step is logging and this message is in the log) and few seconds after FMSE will crash.

This line $result->getFirstRecord()->getFieldUnencoded("g_php_response"); from PHP code will also execute because we always receive some response.

Basically whole process finish correctly and then few second later FMSE will crash.

• 7. Re: FMSE crash when using CWP
                      TSGal

zelenaj8:

Good to know that the PHP script finishes and the FileMaker script also finishes.

Is there another script being executed?  f the FileMaker script is finishing, then the PHP "$result->..." is finishing.

Assuming another script isn't being called and the crash occurs a few seconds after the last script step, temporarily put in a Halt Script step after the Perform Script on Server script step.  See if the crash occurs a few seconds later.  If not, then there is something in the remaining five script steps that is triggering the URL timeout crash.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.