2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 4:03 AM by twelvetens

Save As PDF specify Filename, but not full path

twelvetens

I've got a script that generates a PDF that the user needs to save to a certain location which cannot be defined by the database. I'd like to be able to give them the option to save as PDF, but populate the "Filename" portion of the Save As dialog.

Note - I know we can fully automate the Save As procedure without interaction, if we know the full path to save to. That's not the case here, I want to suggest a Filename (in the Save As dialog box), but leave the user to decide WHERE the file goes...

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Save As PDF specify Filename, but not full path
          alecgregory

I think you would need to use a combination of a custom dialog and the Get Directory script step. Get Directory allows the user to choose any directory using the system directory chooser. This is saved to a variable. The next step would be to show the user a custom dialog with your suggested file name and allow them to edit that. This step is not required if you don't want to allow the user to specify the file name. The custom dialog would need to include one input field (most likely a global field). You would then concatenate the directory variable and the file name field (probably into a new variable) to produce the full export path.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Save As PDF specify Filename, but not full path
            twelvetens

Top Job Mate!

How on earth have I never found the GetDirectory script step? Amazing what you find when you ask around. Cheers for that.