3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 7:41 AM by Razor

Privilege Issues Logging in to a 2 File System

Razor

I either have something setup wrong, or I’m misinterpreting how the FileMaker security works. 

Here is my setup, I have two files hosted on FileMaker server;

Project File Front End - Layouts, scripts, TO’s referenced to backend data, etc.

Project File Back End - Data only

Currently in FileMaker Go when Person A opens the front end file they are asked to enter their username/password.  Once authenticated they are then asked to enter their credentials for the backend file.  Problem is once they enter them again they receive the message “Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action.”

The test account is a member of the privilege set “Data Entry Only” in both files.

In the Back End file, under Manage Security, I have the box checked “Require full access privileges to use references to this file.” and I authorized the front end file.  Even if I uncheck “Require full access privileges to use references to this file.” I still receive the same error.

The only way I can get Person A logged in is if I give them full access to the backend system.  Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having privileges in the first place?  Am I missing something or doing something wrong?  Should I be using some kind of script to open the backend?