You should post the script or a copy of the file.
There is not enough information in your post to diagnose.
You have accurately described the symptoms but we need to examine the body.
I would be happy to post the script, but I'm not sure how to do that. I am not aware of any file format that can contain just a script. For that matter, I don't see a file upload button on this interface, so I'm not even sure how to attach a PDF file.
Update: I found a file attachment icon back on my original post and have uploaded a PDF of the script there. Is that what you meant by "posting a script?"
are you changing context, like going to another table's layout , at the end of step 2 ?
are you going to a layout with a trigger on it ?
before and after the constrain script step, show a message with Get(FoundCount).
do you in fact have permissions to write to l:/guide/?
After the export step capture the error so you can see what it is
set var = Get ( Last Error )
Step through this with the debugger on to see whats going on.
Siplus, I am not. I am not changing layouts throughout the procedure. The layout that I start and end on does have an entrance script attached to it, but that script only adjusts the size of the window to accommodate the width of the content.
The second step simply limits my found set by a few records. Who would have thunk it would cause such problems...
Yes I do, Kris. I write to it all the time. And without Step 2, this very script writes to it with no problem.
As I said, display a message with Get(FoundCount) after step 2. If it's 0, you know what's wrong.
Siplus, before the constrain step: 44. After it: 42.
Your export script step runs without a dialog. TRy running it WITH a dialog and see what's inside. Maybe there's no selected fields to export...
Kris, I hope I added that Set Variable step correctly -- I made up a Name called Review and set the value to Get(LastError). I then activated the debugger (for the very first time) and used Step In to walk through the steps. No error was indicated throughout the procedure. But no file was created...sigh.
Ah! Siplus, that was big: when I ran it without a dialog, I received the message about the sort order having been changed since my last export. Unchecking the group by fields resulted in a successful export. Even though I did not resort, the constrain step did something to trigger this alert.
I think I'll be able to solve it from here.
try setting $path to Get(DesktopPath) & "outline.tab":
Set Variable [$path; Value:Get(DesktopPath) & "outline.tab"]
Export Records [No dialog; “$path”; Macintosh]