11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 11:38 AM by Charlesdh

Missing Table

Charlesdh

Hi,

I created a file for loading images using container fields. This file worked but I wanted to do other changes. I did a "SaveAs" so I could keep it.

I made changes in the "Renamed" file and took out a Table. When I did this it produced "Missing" Tables. So I knew I was on a wrong path. Then when I opened the original file it too showed the "Missing Table" error. The working file was named "Product Catalog-1" I Saved As "Product Catalog-2". Now both of my files are not working. Any I deal as to why the "Saved AS" file was corrupted?

Thanks

Charles

• 1. Re: Missing Table
          bigtom

MAybe the issue was there before the SaveAs. Have you tried recovering the file? You might need to use a backup.

If you really feel there is a problem sometimes FMI can look at the file for you.

• 2. Re: Missing Table
            schamblee

"Missing Table" means a required table is missing.   It appears the table you delete was needed. 

• 3. Re: Missing Table
              Charlesdh

Hi,

Thanks schamblee and bigtom.

It may be hard to believe, but this actually worked before I messed it up. Even now it's a mess.

You may see a Join Table. But, I'm not using it. My goal was to use a "Secure" location for my images.

In my file I input the "Product" the "VT" the entry of these 2 items should show the "Image". I do have the file route for the secure location. If you could take a look and not die from laughing at my attempt. As mentioned it did work. But, now..for the life of me I have not been able to recreate the file. Once fixed I'll be sure to use a "Backup".

Thanks

Charles

• 4. Re: Missing Table
                bigtom

Are you sure you have the Image container storage set properly? It is currently set to internal, but it looks like it was once set to external open storage. Try working with those settings.

• 5. Re: Missing Table
                  bigtom

I do not see a missing table.

• 6. Re: Missing Table
                    Charlesdh

Thanks.

The file I sent does not show the "Missing" table. This the File that I tried to redo. I changed my setting to "Secure" I added a new record and it still failed. And too I have a "Image" table and TestImage Table. This my be my problem. But, not sure which to use.

Attached is my file that should have the secure" setting.

Thanks

Charles

• 7. Re: Missing Table
                      bigtom

The file does not really help me help you at all. I still do not see any missing tables.

Where are the actual images located? On your computer? Were the only stored in the File?

How did this work before? What happened when you did a recovery?

With no other information I would just advise you do not use a copy of any file and create a new new one if you suspect the original file was corrupted.

• 8. Re: Missing Table
                        Charlesdh

Hi,

Thanks for all of your help. But, when I said I had a "Working" file and just messed it up with "Missing" tables.

I've sense tried to recreate it my file( even tried the "Recover". But the file was really corrupted). So all of my attempts have failed. I'm attaching a simple file and hopefully you can help me once again.

What I'm attempting to do is once I input a new record with a product name Ie:"19DH6401 24167"  it should go to a "image" file on my computer. " \\Mac\Home\Documents\Images\". and then show the image for the product. In the attached file I did not show the fields for the table  "ImgeAttempt". The fields for the "Product" are in place. Hopefully you can show me what I'm missing.

Thanks

Charles

• 9. Re: Missing Table
                          Charlesdh

Hi,

I know that this may be pushing. But, still to need to know why I'm not getting the ""Big" picture. I have a attachment that I did not fully complete.( Left Image table blank) If someone can show me what I'm missing I would be great full.

As mentioned I would like to input a product and have the Image displayed that is in a folder on my hard drive.

Thanks

Charles

• 10. Re: Missing Table
                            paulapalooza

I had the exact same problem - did a save-as and all of a sudden, all my fields said TABLE MISSING. It was a super-easy fix. Go to Edit Layout, and just to the right of the layout name is the table name, with an edit button next to it. Click the edit button, and select the correct table. Voila! No more fields telling you the table is missing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Missing Table
                              Charlesdh

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Charles