12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2016 5:16 PM by bigtom

Remove duplicate values in one field (not duplicate records)

adehner

Help! Please.

I edited the auto-entry calculation of a text field. When I saved my changes, the field value duplicated itself within the same field. And then I did it again. I don't know where I went wrong here... I might have stupidly referenced Self twice in the same calculation. Now I need to parse this string of concatenated values and remove the duplicates. There are 635 unique fields/records (sample below) Any ideas how I can do this?

<collection>Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862Office of the Governor, Beriah Magoffin: Governor's Official Correspondence File, Civil Appointments, 1859-1862</collection>