3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2016 5:06 PM by bigtom

Web View Log-in with credentials

alc

I find I have to enter my credentials (user name, password) every FMP session when using the web viewer on pages requiring them.

So, given the following fields:

URL

UserName

Password

What syntax should I use to automatically log in?

Thanks in Advance.

ALC

• 1. Re: Web View Log-in with credentials
          TSPigeon

alc:

Thank you for your post.

If I understand correctly:

1. You are logging into a WebSite in a WebViewer and you close/quit FileMaker Pro.

2. When relaunching FileMaker Pro and accessing that File / WebSite / WebViewer you must login again.

This does seem to be expected behavior. Depending on the site and security, you may be able to pass the credentials through the URL using your UserName and Password field, but I wouldn't think it secure.

I hope this helps and let me know if I misunderstood.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Web View Log-in with credentials
            alc

Yes pigeon, you understood correctly.

But I was wondering if there's some boiler-plate syntax that might work.

The site in question, merely presents a login page with 2 fields:  UserName and Password. Is there a reasonable guess at this without the page's source code?

• 3. Re: Web View Log-in with credentials
              bigtom

I have been consider adding this to the ideas list. Fewer and fewer sites will accept credentials passed in a URL these days. I have some users who deal with this problem on a daily basis. Just because it is an expected behavior does not mean it needs to stay that way.

If you can pass credentials in a URL the Troi plugin site has a lot of information on how to identify what parameters you need and how to structure it. They also have a plugin to make this easier.

Troi URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 14