If am not misstaken you have tooltips option in the inspector..
Or you can create your own with Popover.
There is another option if you like to make an italic text as default aswell..
Step 1: - create the "Data" field with an text per field you would like.
Step 2: - Format the text as you would like it..
You are mistaken.
The feature is Placeholder Text.
Bruce got it right here..
You should, as much as humanly possible, refrain from contaminating the data layer with presentation layer stuff.. as in putting <--whatever--> as an autoenter calc used for nothing more than conditional formatting
If I may suggest:
1. Use whatever field label you want...as hard text on your layout.
2. Format the field itself to be either not filled or filled but only partially opaque.
3. put the label BEHIND the field so it shows through (send to back)
4. Set the label using inspector data tab to Hide Object When: not IsEmpty(YourField)..do not apply in Find Mode.
5. Conditionally format your field to fill when : not IsEmpty(YourField)
Note: I am working in FMP13...perhaps in 14 there is an easier way called placeholder text?
Very cool. Thanks for it. A certainly useful addition in 14.
Brilliant!!!! Thanks - this did the trick quite nicely.
Yeah - I’m working in FMP13 too.
Thanks so much for the help.
Performance DJ ~ Music Producer ~ Ableton Certified Trainer
Mob: +852 9610 6889 | www.djryanash.com
The average person is consuming 50% more resources than the Earth can produce. This is much higher in developed countries.