4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 3:22 AM by jorcholski3

Pop up Calendars

jorcholski3

I am currently working in FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.4 and I've noticed an ongoing problem.  I often times have to click in and out of a date field with a pop up calendar numerous times before I can manually enter a date.  Has anyone else noticed this and if so is Filemaker doing anything to address it?

• 1. Re: Pop up Calendars
          TSGal

jorcholski:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5 under Mac OS X 10.11.4 and using FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.4 under Windows 7.  This worked with a Date field formatted as a Drop-down calendar, including and not including a calendar icon.  Once the Drop-down calendar appears, I can click in the field, the cursor appears, and I can manually enter a date.

Please let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Pop up Calendars
            jorcholski3

That's quite interesting.  You are doing exactly the same as I.  The interesting thing is I've noticed this problem on multiple machines in numerous databases in virtually all versions of FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 for Windows.  I also have the latest version of FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.  Using the same database I cannot replicate the problem in 12.

• 3. Re: Pop up Calendars
              TSGal

jorcholski:

Do you have any plug-ins installed?  Does the field have any script triggers?

Create a new "test" file with two Date fields.  Format both date fields as a Drop-down calendar, and for one of the date fields, include the option "Include icon to show and hide calendar".  Add a record and see if you can replicate the issue.  If the issue doesn't occur, then the original file or the layout may be damaged.  If the issue still occurs, create a new user account, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5 and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Pop up Calendars
                jorcholski3

Sorry, it took me so long to reply.  Out of the country.  I've not been able to correct the problem.  Tried your suggestions to no avail.  I'm inclined to agree that the original file is most likely damaged.

Thanks for your input though.