3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2016 12:08 PM by ScottBleackley

FMGo Layout Trigger OnRecordChange Not Working, Why?

ScottBleackley

Same code running on Filemaker Pro Advanced OS X v 14 works, the layout changes, and on FMGo v 14 iOS it does not.

Both opening with the same default account with [ Data Entry Only ] permissions.

When a new record is selected I check one of its fields "Site Type" and adjust which layout should be displayed accordingly.

Layout Menu | Layout Setup | Script Triggers Tab | OnRecordLoad | CheckLayout Script

On OS X this works fine.
      On iOS it appears that CheckLayout is not called and therefore the layout does not change.
           • I added debug statements to this script to populate a visible field "UTM Zone" and they display on OS X but not iOS

To make matters more interesting I have another script triggered by data entry of the same field "Site Type"
      script: "riparian harvesting Location Tab Site Type Field" which also does not change the layout.
      Looks like this script is also not triggered on iOS as none of the debug data is displayed. 
      Trigger for this script is: OnObject save for Site Type Field.

Must be missing the obvious here, I hope.

Puzzled at this behaviour

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you

• 1. Re: FMGo Layout Trigger OnRecordChange Not Working, Why?
          schamblee

It's onRecordLoad not onRecordChange.  The script trigger will only fire when the record loads. This is true in FMP and FMGo.

If you want a script trigger to fire based on data you select from a field then you need to use that objects script trigger onObjectmodify

• 2. Re: FMGo Layout Trigger OnRecordChange Not Working, Why?
            rgordon

Are you using the latest version of FileMaker Go 14? There was a bug in the first version of Filemaker Go 14 that effected some . triggers.

• 3. Re: FMGo Layout Trigger OnRecordChange Not Working, Why?
              ScottBleackley

Restarting the iPad, not just FMGo appears to resolve this issue.

It would be very nice if it did not appear in the first place.

Hate to tell a large client base that FMGo just acts up sometimes.

This iPad has been restarted many times since the last update so not just update issue.

Filemaker Advanced Pro 14.0.5 ( current ) works fine

FMGo 14.0.4 ( current )  has script trigger issues

I am using OnRecordLoad the script trigged by this is need Check Layout
              FMGo tested with default admin login and data entry only on both platforms.
              Issues remain.

I am finding other issues with other script triggers in other FM projects
              that work on OS X 10.11.14 Filemaker Advanced Pro 14.0.5 and do not work on iOS 9.3.1 FMGo 14.0.4, yikes!

see last comment in

5. Re: Script Triggers stop working in FM Go 14.0.3

rgordonFunction Phenom

Filemaker Go has memory management problems so restarting the iPad/iPhone will correct these problems for awhile until it needs restarted again.  It's also a good idea to close all filemaker file before doing this or before swiping up to kill the app.  This will clear out your temp folder. If any files are open the temp folder will not clear.