6 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2016 1:42 AM by PachaColbert

convert osx application to windows

PachaColbert

Bonjour,

Je voudrais convertir une application créée sous OSX 10.11.4 et FMPA 13 vers une application pour Windows. Quelle est la procédure ?

Merci de votre aide.

Hello,

I would like to convert an application made with OSX 10.11.4 & FMPA  to an application running on windows. What is the procédure ?

Trans a lot.

Gilbert

• 1. Re: convert osx application to windows
          jrenfrew

Do you mean a runtime??

If so, you need to open the file with FMPA on windows and make it again for the platform - remembering there are both 32 and 64 bit versions.

• 2. Re: convert osx application to windows
            PachaColbert

Thanks a lot Jrenfrew,

It's very easy.

Gilbert

• 3. Re: convert osx application to windows
              CICT

Hi Gilbert

Technically there isn't anything you need to do to run on either platform.

However, you may find some font oddities, particularly when going into layout mode, often you can find some labels not fully appearing and a quick expansion of the text size will sort that out. Often this isn't apparent in browse mode.

The biggest issue I can think of is with window control. If you wish to use modal windows, then FileMaker will always fill the whole screen if maximised, therefore unlike the Mac this doesn't appear as a modal window. Also, techniques such as off screen window will not work.

If using a modal window we check which platform the copy of FileMaker is running on and, if it is Windows, run a subscript that records the current window size, takes the application out of maximise and sets the window to the dimensions recorded. Now open the modal window and set this size as normal. Once the modal window is closed, again if on Windows, maximise the screen again. By resetting the background window to the original size, the impact on the user is minimal. This whole process is bypassed if running on a Mac.

If you're not converting a runtime version and are using any plug-ins, as John suggests, check you have appropriate 32bit or 64bit versions installed in the (hidden folder) User Home Folder\AppData\Local\FileMaker\FileMaker 14\ folder (or run on server).

Amicalement

Andy

• 4. Re: convert osx application to windows
                PachaColbert

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your comment.

I"ill take these guidelines seriously.

Bien amicalement,

Gilbert

• 5. Re: convert osx application to windows
                  CICT

If you'd like an example of a subscript we use, please let me know.

Andy

• 6. Re: convert osx application to windows
                    PachaColbert

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your comment.

I"ill take these guidelines / subscript seriously.

Bien amicalement,

Gilbert