2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 4:22 PM by jwaldridge

Custom Dialogue on FM Go 14

jwaldridge

Ok So I have  a layout that goes something like this

Customers/ Customer Details/ Customer Buildings

Everything is linked through a customer #. 

What I am Trying to do is when the click New Building a dialogue box comes up that asked them if the copied the customer Number.  If the Say Yes it will prompt them to enter it.  once the enter Customer Number and say OK it will take them to the Building page and create a new record If they hit NO then the dialogue will close and they will remain on the same page.

Another option which I could not figure out was to have a script that copied the Customer:Customer # and then pasted it into the Building:Customer #.

Long story Short i am trying to make it idiot proof so they don't find themselves on a page without the info the need to create it.

Any ideas

• 1. Re: Custom Dialogue on FM Go 14
          rgordon

Your approach will increase the likelihood  of problems instead of making it idiot proof. Users should not have to enter a student number to create a new record. You don't want to use copy and paste.  The Set Variable script step is used to store values and Set Field is used to place values in fields.  Use these two steps instead of copy/paste.  Highly recommend finding some tutorials on the internet that focus on creating relationships and creating related records. Go to Related records is another step that you probably will need to use.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Custom Dialogue on FM Go 14
            jwaldridge

It seems like i tried this once before and i could no get it to work.  However it worked perfect this time.  And it is exactly what I was looking for thank you.