AnsweredAssumed Answered

Jump To/Select Record using Button Bar

Question asked by Annette on Apr 27, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 by alquimby

Hi

I have a portal on a layout which is a list of all the clients.  It's sorted by last name, first name.

I wanted to use the handy button bar in FM 14 as a way to jump to records in the portal where the surname begins with that letter clicked.  I do not want to filter all the records out, I just want to jump to the first record with the last name that starts with whichever letter I click.  Is there a way to do this?  I've attached a screenshot of what I have.

I may be missing something in the script because it's not working.  So either I'm using the wrong script step out of ignorance or need additional steps.  I have a generic script that I can use for each letter, setting the script parameter as the letter on that particular button, going to the object (portal) and thought maybe the pattern count of variable to last name somewhere but am missing how to get it to actually jump to the first record it finds.

Anyone done something like this yet or know how to get it to work.  Should be fairly straight forward, I would think.

Attachments

Outcomes