Product and version FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 and long before
OS and version OS X, current and others before
Hardware MBP 2009
If trying to assign multiple Tabulator entries to a field (Inspector) It fails usually.
- numbers (Tab position) changing back or to another value after entering
- alignment (left, right, etc) changing back
- if some tabs had been entered the position and alignments of the field object doesn't correspond to the values entered in the inspector
How to replicate
1. create a text field or a calculation field (text) or a button bar with text and tabs entered
2. Enter some text into the field or formula, separated with some tabulator stops (alt-tab) between the text
3. enter Layout Mode
4. change the width of the field to a high value
5. select the field object or other object containing rendered text (do not use simple placeholder text-objects)
6. try to enter some tabs in the Inspector (Appearence->Tabs) and their alignments
7. IF you eventually got set those tabs properly: try to change them.
Workaround do not use tabs on field objects or button bars