11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 7:18 AM by TSPigeon

can we get something done about this frustrating behaviour

jrenfrew

While working on files on my test server IN MY OWN OFFICE I might have connected back via the domain name attached to the server.

And the file is often one that is hidden.

If I then use a local file to access something which uses the IP address then FMS thinks there are TWO copies of my FMPA software running. Well that's because despite having a VLA for my internal FMP users, each FMPA licence is single.

This also happens when my machine decides to connect via the wireless all of a sudden rather than the LAN, which in my case are two completely dfifferent IP ranges.

OK. I can live with that

What, however, is the most ridiculous piece of behaviour is the following dialogue does not give the the 'oh yes cancel I forgot, I am stupid button' the ONLY option here is that all my other work - which is half completed is effectively nullified - like the undos on the layouts I was working on, because ALL my open files will now close.

This is an archaic anachronism, belonging in some long-past era. Nothing gracious, gentlemanly or remotely civilised.

FM Inc - - get this removed please.

And while you are at it please correct the grammar. This is FMPA so the maximum number of users IS currently using this copy if FileMaker

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 19.38.54.png