11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 6:09 AM by disabled_morkus

File Missing in Container Field?

I had a situation yesterday where I had added two zip files to two representative container fields in a portal. The display in the container field after I added the two files was the expected display where you see the thumbnail of the two files.

Today, when I looked at the two container fields from yesterday's zip file additions, FMPA said the files were "missing".

Huh?

Since I was using open storage, I checked to see if the sub-directory got created when I first dragged the zip files into their respective container fields. FileMaker HAD NOT created the sub-directory for these files as it should have. After re-addeing these files again today, FileMaker did create the sub-directory, finally. (Guess I'll need to check tomorrow to see if the files/directory are still there.)

This is very strange and a bit unsettling.

No idea why this happened, but the same thing happened in a regular top-level (parent table) layout as well.

I'm using the latest everything on the Mac. Latest OS, Latest FMPA, etc. 700GB free on disk.

---

Has this "missing data" (for no apparent reason) issue happened to anyone else?

Suggestions how I can keep from losing data?

TIA

- m