AnsweredAssumed Answered

Making production plans in portal with products and amount

Question asked by Zerojojo on Apr 28, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 by dsvail

You good people,

I am sure the title is only confusing but I could not sum it up in one sentence.

I am trying to use filemaker to make weekly production plans, so I want to be able to create a new production plan that sees all my products (and maybe filters them according to search criteria) and I want to enter an amount after each product. This sounds fairly simple, but I cannot figure out how to set up the amount so that I can have a different one for each product on one production plan as well as a different one for the same product on a different production plan.

I am thinking that I need three tables, one for the production plans, one for the products and one for the amounts. Then I create a portal from the production plan to see all the products. But I can't figure out how to connect the amounts correctly.

I'll attach a dummy for demonstration where I could set a different number for each product, but then the same number will be used for that product in all production plans.

Any help is highly appreciated. I'm sure the answer is blatantly obvious to somebody smarter than me.

Best regards,

Johannes

Outcomes