1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 1:12 PM by mdjoyce

How To Create A Button To Create/Email PDF In Filemaker Go

mdjoyce

I have been utilizing FileMaker Pro 12 for a small business that I own for about a year now.

Our business has a few forms that we complete and have customers sign off on utilizing the signature functionality on Filemaker Go.

I then need my employees to email the form to the customers email address which we have stored in a table of our Filemaker database.

Currently my employees are having to copy/paste the email address, then go to Menu > Print > PDF > Email, then insert the email address and subject line to send off the PDF form to the customer.

I am fairly new to Filemaker, but have been mostly successful at getting everything to work for my business so far.  I’m sure there has to be a way to have an “Email Now” button on the form, that would grab the customers email address from the table in which it is stored and send off an email to that address with a generic subject line and the PDF attached.

Thank you for any assistance anyone can provide.  I have tried researching discussion boards, but can’t figure out how to make this work.

For the purposes of this example, my customer's email address is stored in a table titled "Customer", one of the forms that I would like to email from Filemaker Go (and desktop occasionally as well) is named "Order".

Thanks again.

1 2 Previous Next