AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error Message: This operation could not be completed because this layout cannot display the result.

Question asked by JuliaOlsen on Apr 28, 2016
Latest reply on May 5, 2016 by JuliaOlsen

I have created a database which combines teachers, their teaching (district, school, grade level, content) with summer business work placements they hold through our program.

The tables are connected and everything is working well.  Except I am creating scripts which I or my researcher can call up particular sets of information. Most work well, but here's my current issue. We need to report for each year the number of teachers, where they worked, where they taught, etc. This involves linking three sets of data (tables): teacher data, education employment, and summer business work.  I am starting from the layout I wish to use (Teachers Companies and Schools), then finding the business employment records (from a linked table) for 2015, and finally showing related teacher records from their education employment history (which is a separate linked table).

I created a layout in table format with columns for the data we need: name, location, company name, district, school, etc.  The script looks like this.  The find is for the year 2015 and brings up all teacher summer employment for 2015.  Then I pull up related records to get where they were teaching and related information from the same table.

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 12.52.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 12.47.03 PM.png

I consistently get the error message "This operation could not be completed because this layout cannot display the result.". But when I close the error window, the correct information is displayed.  The script debugger also shows Error 414 Layout cannot display the result.

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 12.54.04 PM.png

So to reiterate, I am starting from the layout I wish to use (Teachers Companies and Schools), then finding the business employment records (from a linked table) for 2015, and finally showing related teacher records from their education employment history (which is a separate linked table).

Why am I getting this error message? How do I remedy it? Is there a better way to accomplish this task? I like this particular layout since it can be easily exported to Excel for inclusion in various reports.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes