2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 8:37 AM by laina

Field Picker Drag Options

laina

I have just bought the Filemaker Pro 14 software.

I'm going through the landscaping tutorial (this is found under resources) and I'm at the part where I'm making a layout for the iPad.  So far everything has gone along smoothly and I'm enjoying the tutorial very much,

We're at the section where we're doing a new layout which is the list layout for iPad.

I'm at the part where I choose the field picker.  Before I drag the fields to the layout there are two new settings to change.

So we're suppose to go to the Drag Options.  But when I click on the drag options at the bottom, there's nothing there, but there's suppose to be a field placement option or labels option.

I need to choose horizontal placement for the field placement and for the labels, I need to choose the options where the labels are positioned able the field.

So I'm stuck here because there's nothing to choose when I click the drag options.

Can someone please help me?  I want to continue on with the tutorial.

Thanks so much!

Laina

• 1. Re: Field Picker Drag Options
          steveromig

I have just bought the Filemaker Pro 14 software.

I'm going through the landscaping tutorial (this is found under resources) and I'm at the part where I'm making a layout for the iPad. So far everything has gone along smoothly and I'm enjoying the tutorial very much,

We're at the section where we're doing a new layout which is the list layout for iPad.

I'm at the part where I choose the field picker. Before I drag the fields to the layout there are two new settings to change.

So we're suppose to go to the Drag Options. But when I click on the drag options at the bottom, there's nothing there, but there's suppose to be a field placement option or labels option.

I need to choose horizontal placement for the field placement and for the labels, I need to choose the options where the labels are positioned able the field.

So I'm stuck here because there's nothing to choose when I click the drag options.

Can someone please help me? I want to continue on with the tutorial.

Thanks so much!

Laina

Did you click on the "triangle / arrow" to the left of the words "Drag Options?"

It is sometimes hard to see but if you click on the "triangle / arrow" icon it will display the options you are looking for.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Field Picker Drag Options
            laina

Hi Steve,

Boy do I feel stupid!  I kept clicking on Drag Options, but nothing would happen. 

Yeah, that arrow is gray and not so obvious.  But thanks so much!  I can now get back to the tutorial.  I'm having so much fun!!!

So appreciate the help,

Laina