I work with FM 14. I store newspapers articles in table X. My layout is based on that table and it has different fields where the details of the article are inserted, plus a portal where I store the newspaper article(s).
Here is my question: I have thousands of newspapers articles in Word format in a folder on my C: drive that date back to before I built my FM database. I want to write a script that will do the following:
- Starting from my layout, create a new record (easy enough);
- Go to the appropriate folder on my C: drive where the Word articles are stored; (I have no idea how to do that)
- Grab the first article; (no idea how to do that)
- Go to the first empty portal field (Go to Field???);
- Insert the article (the file) in that field (not sure how to do that)
- Repeat a. to e. until the folder on my C: drive is empty.(no idea how to do that)
Is this feasible? Thanks for your help.