5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2016 12:24 PM by tays01s

User login in a Runtime

tays01s

I don't want to issue login passwords to users, so want them to go past login. However, even though I've disabled this before compiling the RT, I still get requested for a login username ('User') though no pw.

Have I missed something in eliminating this step?

• 1. Re: User login in a Runtime
          Jade

You can define a "default" login account name and password by checking "Log in using: Account Name and Password" settings in File Options… in the File Menu in Layout mode.

Make sure to assign a Privilege set with adequate security to that user in File > Manage > Security….

• 2. Re: User login in a Runtime
            wimdecorte

I think you are talking about the "user name" preference that FM asks for the first time it starts.  That has nothing to do with security or user accounts.  To confirm: once the user types something in, the prompt does not come up again when they close the runtime and open it again?

Is this Windows only?

• 3. Re: User login in a Runtime
              tays01s

No, it's definitely the account name/ pw being asked for. In File > Manage > Security I've set Account name to 'User' with no pw. And, in File options I'd unchecked 'Log in using'. I had expected the latter to mean the user wouldn't have to enter their Account name, but it keeps coming up.

Yes, I have set security privileges for the User account. Security basically relies on a startup script that check that a field contains a 'pw' including various bits of encrypted info including a PID.

I'm sure I'd previously managed to get a User startup without going via Account name; I stupidly didn't record the process. However, if there are better ways of giving Users convenient access/file opening without undermining security, please say.

• 4. Re: User login in a Runtime
                wimdecorte

tays01s wrote:

No, it's definitely the account name/ pw being asked for. In File > Manage > Security I've set Account name to 'User' with no pw. And, in File options I'd unchecked 'Log in using'. I had expected the latter to mean the user wouldn't have to enter their Account name, but it keeps coming up.

That's it then, check it back on.  When you check it means that FM will use those provided credentials without asking the user.

• 5. Re: User login in a Runtime
                  tays01s

Thanks; that was the bit I'd forgotten and didn't know the reason for.