Hello All and thank you in advance for your time.
I'm trying to decide if Filemaker will work for my needs, but after looking at most of the sales documentaiton I still have a few remaining questions.
I hope that one or more people here can claify these last remaining questions so that I can make a decision.
Here we go:
1. I will frequently use this product to export email fields only for mass emailing (when I say "mass" I'm really only speaking about a 400 to 500. Will FM give me the ability to easily export the email fields ONLY of a database to, say, excel from which I can just copy/paste into Outlook?
2. Does Filemaker have the ability to easily insert FULL DOCUMENTS (e.g. word, excel, pdf's, etc) into a FM database (not just a text pointer to where these files may be located?).
2A - If this can be done, is there a MB/GB limit to the size of the files I can insert?
2B - If this can be done, will FM somehow compress the files for easy transfer to another party (see question 3 below)
3. I will need to share one or more FM databases with my boss (who will also have a license) so that he can add/edit/delete database entries as needed. It's his idea that we simply email a particular database back and forth for this purpose.
3A - Is this a good workflow to use in order to give both of us the ability to add/edit/delete entries as and when needed?
3B - If this is not an efficient workflow, can someone suggest one that is for our needs in this regards?
4. Will FM give me the opportunity to copy/past various fields from one FM database to another?
5. I use a PC and my boss uses a MAC - will the FM databases created be ABSOLUTELY cross platform compatible (PC/MAC) without exception?
Again, thank you all for answering these few questions... truly appreciated!