2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 11:13 AM by madmike6537

Sub Summary with Related Fields - Is this possible?

madmike6537

Have another quick report question for you all

I have two tables - Customer -> Invoices

I have a report based on the customer table. It also is showing related data from the invoices table in it. This all works fine. I want to have a summary at the bottom totaling up the invoices, this isnt working.

Is it not possible to have related fields used in a sub summary part? (These are summary fields)

Looks something like this:

Month: January

Customer 1          Invoice Amount: $100.00

Customer 2          Invoice Amount: $500.00

Total                                                                           $600.00 (this part doesnt work)

• 1. Re: Sub Summary with Related Fields - Is this possible?
          erolst

madmike6537 wrote:

I have two tables - Customer -> Invoices

I have a report based on the customer table.

Consider what the related summary field contains: a summary for the last customer (or the first, depending on where you place the grand total part). So this doesn't work (as you have discovered).

It can be done in Customers, but would require additional fields: you would have to bring over the related summary value per customer into the Customer table via a calculation field, then summarize that field.

The simple solution is to base your report layout on the Invoices table – that is where the numbers already reside an can be processed with simpler means; any related fields (now from the Customer table) are needed for display only.

• 2. Re: Sub Summary with Related Fields - Is this possible?
            madmike6537

Thank you - Good thought.