AnsweredAssumed Answered

Checkbox portal logical AND function?

Question asked by filehelp on May 6, 2016
Latest reply on May 6, 2016 by beverly

Hi all,

I recently “inherited” a FileMaker database at work, which I finally got mostly running despite being completely new to database building.

There is just one part I simply can’t get to work.

There are several records which use a checkbox. On a different layout, I linked this checkbox to a portal, so that it shows which records correspond to the checked boxes.

This works just fine, except that it only uses the logical OR function, and I want it to show the logical AND function.

So for instance, if my checkbox has Fish, Meat and Vegetables as options, and I click Meat and Vegetables, I want the portal to show only the names of people who clicked BOTH Meat and Vegetables, rather than just everyone who clicked Meat OR Vegetables.

It sounds like this should be simple, but I haven’t been able to find the solution to this.

Is there an easy way to get the portal to show the logical AND results of the checked boxes? I’m very, very new to Filemaker and not not good at all with at scripting, so please bear with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is essentially the final piece of the puzzle. I'm using FileMaker Pro 14.

Kind regards,

John

Outcomes