AnsweredAssumed Answered

Artist needs help making progress chart

Question asked by 80tim on May 7, 2016
Latest reply on May 7, 2016 by erolst

Hello,

I hate to come on here expecting help, but I haven't made progress on creating a chart based on radio buttons after spending the last week researching tutorials, looking through the forums at previous posts and trying to grasp how calculations work.

I'm an artist that uses filemaker during the day at work for assets being assigned to me

I downloaded the trial of filemaker at home, in hopes of it improving my ability to track individual art files (assets) and their current state of progress on my personal art projects.

Example of art assets/records I'm tracking.
CouchB
CouchC
TableA

Each asset is at a different stage of progress. Here is my current list of stages:

Not Created

Proxy

Model Scale

Model

UV

Texture

Rig

Light

Redshift Renders

UE4 Integration

Asset Complete

What I've got so far:

Created a field called TSH_Value. Type set to "text".

Control Style: Radio Button Set
Values from: Current Stage List

Custom values of "Current Stage List":

Not Created

Proxy

Model Scale

Model

UV

Texture

Rig

Light

Redshift Renders

UE4 Integration

Asset Complete
RadioButtons_CouchC.jpg

What I'd like to have is the ability to show a graph of all assets along with their Current Stage affecting the Percent Complete box.
Based on which radio button is selected, I'd like the following percentages to be reflected in the Percent Complete box at the bottom of the image or more importantly, reflect the percentage on a graph (I'm a visual person and seeing which assets are furthest behind in progress is ideally what I'm looking for). Back in college I did a similar type of tracking by just color coding stages on an excel sheet. It was very archaic, but seeing a screen of colors representing the progress helped me stay on top of art assets that I was loosing track of mentally.

The stages and their related percentage I want to associate them with:

Not Created = 0%

Proxy = 10%

Model Scale = 20%

Model = 30%

UV = 40%

Texture = 50%

Rig = 60%

Light = 70%

Redshift Renders = 80%

UE4 Integration = 90%

Asset Complete = 100%

I don't know where to start. I'm convinced I'm supposed to be making a calculation but then I don't know if I should be using an "If" statement, "Get"
or what. I feel pretty lame coming on here and admitting that, but I naively thought the software would be more readily able to do this without needing to understand scripting. I've been meaning to get around to scripting, but my current projects don't require it so I've been waiting until the current projects die down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

*Also, I've been meaning to get on CodeAcademy to learn scripting. Is there a language on there that would help me understand Filemakers calculation language?

Outcomes