5 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 7:04 AM by steveromig

FMP 14 Crashes on Windows

priyabratasahoo21

Hi Guys,

I am having some issues related to FM Pro crashing.
      One of the client who is on windows 8.1 the FM Pro 14v5 crashes unexpectedly almost everyday.
      They access the Filemaker files that are hosted in a Filemaker 14v4 Server hosted in Windows 2008 R2 system.

This issue is happening on the windows system only.
      The client has 2 windows workstation and one workstation using a iMac.

The Filemaker crash is happening only on the windows system. The iMac has never crashed.
      We tried increasing the RAM in server and the windows workstation systems, but it didn't help.

On checking the windows event log found this:

Faulting application name: FileMaker Pro.exe, version: 14.0.5.505, time stamp: 0x56a2e6d5
      Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18264, time stamp: 0x56e1b34d
      Exception code: 0xc06d007e
      Fault offset: 0x00015b68
      Faulting process id: 0x2bb8
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d1a6dffb4b4c7a
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 14\FileMaker Pro.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
      Report Id: 8754507d-12ff-11e6-bebd-485ab683c708
      Faulting package full name:
      Faulting package-relative application ID:

Is this something related to the issue in the application hosted ?
      Or is it a issue in the windows workstation system ?

Any advise or suggestion will be a great help.
      Thanks in advance.

Note: Already tried reinstalling the FMPro in the windows system

• 1. Re: FMP 14 Crashes on Windows
          schamblee

I would suggest testing from another Windows computer.   If it crashes then it is most likely something is corrupt in the database.   If it is crashing only on the one Windows computer, it could have bad Ram.

If it crashing from multiple Windows machine then I suggest taking the file off the server and run recover on the database.   FM does not always find corruption, if it does find corruption then use a backup copy that does not have corruption and import your data.   If it does not find corruption, there still could be an object on the layout that is corrupt.

You may need to rebuild the layout.  Do not copy anything from the old layout because you can copy the corrupt object.

Make sure all object are in the layout part you intended and not in two different parts.  You will need to verify this on a Windows machine because item are different between the two OS.

• 2. Re: FMP 14 Crashes on Windows
            wimdecorte

Also replied to you on FMforums.com.

It looks like you are running the 32-bit version of FMP on a 64-bit machine.  Is there an absolute need to do this?  If not, install the 64-bit version of FMP and see if the problem goes away.

• 3. Re: FMP 14 Crashes on Windows
              schamblee

Running 32bit version of FMP on 64bit version of Windows should not cause a crash.   I have machines running 32bit version of FMP on 64bit Windows without issue.   If you have a 64bit plugin that is trying to load in 32bit version of FMP then you could see crash.  Mac is only 64bit where Windows has both 32bit and 64bit versions.

There are some known issue with trying to run 32bit FMP using 64bit email client such 64bit version of outlook.

• 4. Re: FMP 14 Crashes on Windows
                priyabratasahoo21

Yes, i use Filemaker 32 bit in 64 bit version because of the send email via client not working with 64 bit version of outlook.

But that doesn't seem a issue, i have other systems running FMP 14 32bit in 64 bit system and they are fine.

Thanks for your feedback guys will check the Layout thing, and try to check it.
                Currently its happening on a single system.
                And on a particular layout, will check if there is issue related to layouts.

I have already tried recovering the files, they are fine.

• 5. Re: FMP 14 Crashes on Windows
                  steveromig

Thanks for your feedback guys will check the Layout thing, and try to check it.
                  Currently its happening on a single system.
                  And on a particular layout, will check if there is issue related to layouts.

If this works on "Windows Machine A" but does not on "Windows Machine B", I'd check to see what the difference are between the two.

In addition, it could also be a corrupt font on "Windows Machine B" that is causing the problem - even more likely if the layout in question has different fonts on it than other layouts.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.