AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two portals - Same table but different "find request"

Question asked by MarkBløndal on May 10, 2016
Latest reply on May 18, 2016 by MarkBløndal

Hello all you very very smart developers.

I feel like I must be missing something essential/simple?..

I'm trying to gather some information on some servers as well as the cables connected:

"Servers" is a list of servers with all the relevant information (IP, type, Serial nr. and so on)

"Cables" is a list of RJ45 cables, and simply has a cable nr. plus where it originates and ends (Rack 01 Slot 01 - Shortened to RxxSxx)

At the moment I've created a "dashboard" with a single record, here I'm trying to gather the server information and cable information.

I've successfully gotten the server information in standard fields, and a portal with the cable information based on the starting point of the cable.

But I can't figure out how to get a portal with the data matching the end point of the cable ??

For clarification I've created a merged field with Rack and Slot to create an ID I can work with, so the server will have a location in the racks and that correlates to the starting point of all the cables. (RxxSxx - Both as server placement and cable ID)

I'd really just like a solution where I:

Get all CableID records

WHERE Start or End = RxxSxx(from the server list)

And of course present that in a portal, since the data can range from 1-48 based on type of server/unit..

Outcomes