Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 8.5 for FileMaker Pro 15
Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 15 adds unzipping and creating aliases.
Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, May 10th, 2016--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 8.5 for FileMaker Pro 15.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read IPTC and Exif metadata from JPEG, Raw and PNG images
What is new in version 8.5?
Troi File Plug-in 8.5 has been made compatible with FileMaker 15:
- Further improved the multi-threading behavior of the plug-in when running in FileMaker Pro 15.
- Added description and type-ahead information for all functions of the plug-in. This extra function description will be shown in FileMaker Pro 15 in the Specify Calculation dialog box when you type a function name and also as a text popup in the functions pane on the right. The type-ahead information is used by the auto complete functionality of FileMaker Pro 15.
Troi File Plug-in 8.5 has the following new functionality:
- Added new TrFile_ZIPInfo function, which lists the items (files and folders) inside a ZIP file.
- Added new TrFile_UnZIP function, which expands a ZIP file into a specified folder.
- Created the ZIPAndUnZIP.fmp12 example file.
- Added new TrFile_CreateAlias function, which creates an alias file (on OS X) or shortcut (on Windows) from the source file or source folder.
In addition to this, version 8.5 has several bug fixes and further improvements. We also made various minor changes to several example files and updated the User Guide.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 8.5 and earlier can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 8.5 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html
Troi File Plug-in 8.5 works with FileMaker Pro 12, 13, 14 and 15. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 12, 13, 14 and 15. The plug-in is available for OS X 10.6.x or higher and for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 8.5 also works with FileMaker Server 12, 13, 14 and 15 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 449.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Version 8.5 needs a new registration. Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after November 1st, 2015 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 8.5. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after 17 May 2015.
Upgrades from licenses bought before November 1st, 2015, are available from US$ 59 per user.
LIMITED OFFER: Users who bought a license between May 12th and November 1st, 2015, are offered to buy an upgrade with 30% discount. This offer is good until August 1st, 2016 and requires that you use a discount code at the time of purchase. Eligible users will receive a discount code by email. Contact us if you have not received yours by 17th May, 2016.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering has over 15 years experience in developing high quality cross platform plug-ins for FileMaker Pro and is winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award. For more information, visit our web site at:
Contact informationD. Budding