2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2016 1:54 PM by TSGal

Layout Script Trigger Icon: Display Glitch

Malcolm

Product and version

FMPA 15.01.108 ETS

OS and version

Mac OS X 10.11.4

Hardware

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Description

In layout mode. The Layout Script Trigger icon is displayed above other active objects. This creates the false impression that one of the objects has a script trigger attached to it when the trigger is attached to the layout. It is only a cosmetic glitch but it creates confusion.

How to replicate

1. Enter layout mode.
      2. attach a script trigger to the layout.
      3. create an object, such as a popover button, and place the button near but not above the layout script trigger icon. Arrange the popover panel so that the popover panel covers the layout script trigger icon.
      4. hide and reveal the popover.
      5. You will see that the layout script trigger icon is visible. The popever panel should obscure it.
      6. Place an object, such as a button onto the popover panel and arrange it so that it above the script trigger icon.
      7. You will see that the layout script trigger icon is visible. The button should obscure it.
        • 1. Re: Layout Script Trigger Icon: Display Glitch
          TSGal

Malcolm:

Thank you for your post.

The Layout script trigger also appears in FileMaker Pro 14.

I have sent your post along with a sample file to Development and Testing for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

In the future, please follow the ETS instructions when reporting an issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Layout Script Trigger Icon: Display Glitch
            TSGal

Malcolm:

Our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue of the layout script trigger icon appearing above all objects.  Your post has been attached to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.