2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2016 10:18 AM by steveromig

FileMaker SDK. How do you quit an application?

casystems

I have managed to get a number of Apps to work using the SDK but never managed to find a neat way to quit the apps. It seems the FM script "Exit Application" does not work. Has anybody found a better way or do you just leave it open. With a limited number of 'connections' on a FM server it would be nice to have a way to easily close the app and free up the connection for another user..

Carl

• 1. Re: FileMaker SDK. How do you quit an application?
          schamblee

There is a close file script step and it closes the database but it does not close the sdk.  The iosSDKapp reloads the database.   I read somewhere that it was an Apple issue that would not allow the exit Application script to close the App.  There are issue that arise with this problem.  You can double tap the home button and swipe up to close, but it will open to the same location in the database when you reopen and will not always run the onFirstWindowOpen script trigger.    I agree Exit Application would be nice if it closed the database and the iosSDKApp.  

• 2. Re: FileMaker SDK. How do you quit an application?
            steveromig

I have managed to get a number of Apps to work using the SDK but never managed to find a neat way to quit the apps. It seems the FM script "Exit Application" does not work. Has anybody found a better way or do you just leave it open. With a limited number of 'connections' on a FM server it would be nice to have a way to easily close the app and free up the connection for another user..

Carl

There is not a way to completely quit out of an app created by the iOS App SDK.  In fact, that is the case with all iOS applications.  Apple designed iOS so that quitting an app is not "really a thing you do." 

But as previously stated, you can do the double tap on the home button to manually "quit / close" an app that is running in the background.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.