7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 7:49 AM by dmorgan

Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?

dmorgan

Hello all,

Does Server 15 have a concurrent for testing or one of the new User Connection licenses?

Thanks in advance,

Denham

• 1. Re: Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?
          powella

What do you mean "For testing"? The developer copy of FMS?

This special, test-only version includes all the features and functionality of FileMaker Server 15.

The FileMaker Server 15 Development License allows up to three (3) simultaneous connections for FileMaker Pro, three (3) simultaneous web-based client connections for Custom Web Publishing, and one (1) User Connection for FileMaker WebDirect, FileMaker Go, or FileMaker Pro (for User Connections) at a time.

• 2. Re: Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?
            dmorgan

No the normal version of filemaker server 14 has 1 concurrent license built in. I wanted to know if server 15 has something similar, either a concurrent connection or license for teams to test.

• 3. Re: Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?
              powella

Did you buy your FMS 15 license yet? There are apparently three options, traditional, teams and concurrent connections. They put a deadline on the upgrade to get reduced pricing but even now after that date, I am just as confused with the options (even after calling our rep). There is a whole other thread on here debating if 15 can handle guest log-ins. That sounds similar to your question but I am not seeing answers

• 4. Re: Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?
                dmorgan

We do volume licensing here, I've stopped using ipads because of the concurrent license craziness. I just wanted to know if server 15 has one to test with or the new team license. We are still on 14 for now and avoiding anything with the really confusing licensing in production.

• 5. Re: Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?
                  wimdecorte

what was confusing in the concurrent licensing for you before?

FLT is fairly simple: you tell them how many people in our organization and you get a price per headcount.

The price includes server and all connections (Pro / Go / WebD).

which is different than the old concurrency so you stated "concurrent license craziness", I want to make sure you didn't like about that before we can move on.

• 6. Re: Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?
                    bigtom

To answer your question directly FMS15 using the legacy VLA licensing does come with one connection for testing and it can support testing an FLT (team) client. People with a VLA have been getting the FLT product on their software download page For FM15.

• 7. Re: Does FMS15 have a concurrent license like FMS14 does?
                      dmorgan

Hi Wim,

It's very hard to explain to your bosses that the ipads we have no longer work without licenses that pretty much equal or exceed the price for the filemaker licenses we already have. I've seen many forum posts and had unexplained "too many users errors" with my one license when I tried to test it. I understand filemakers desire to monetize webdirect and fmgo connections. And with a dedicated design using those connections the licensing model may be ok. But from a small business that only used fmgo in addition to the Pro it's very unattractive options. Now with another option with teams licenses it's just harder to explain.

I just want simple easy to explain licenses, affordable would be nice too.