4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 1:40 PM by ScottBleackley

Close File ["Hosted_Database"] working on OS X & Not iOS

ScottBleackley

Server not closing after Sync Check ( FMEasySync )

Close File ["Hosted_Database"]  does exactly that on OS X,
      but leaves the server open when exactly the same sync is run on iOS.

Specifically the Close File ["Hosted_Database"] that is not working

is in FMEasySync,  script Sync Check Client line 51
      FMEasySync: A FileMaker Sync Framework

GitHub - timdietrich/fmeasysync: EasySync is an award-winning, alternative, open source sync framework for the FileMaker…

OS X 10.11.4 MacBook Pro: FM Pro 14 & 15
          iOS 9.3.1(13E238) Model MGWM2CL/A: FMGo 14 & 15  

Tired adding a Close File ["Hosted_Database"] in line 136 of "Sync With Server"  ( FMEasySync ) at the beginning of #restore user interface
      but this just generates an error 301:  which is record is already in use.  But of course the error only occurs on FMGo.

Hosted database is an external source and not seen in relationships as a related file.

• 1. Re: Close File ["Hosted_Database"] working on OS X & Not iOS
          TSGal

ScottBleackley:

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to replicate the issue in a new file?

Do you have a second window of the hosted database file open on your iOS device that is currently being edited?  This would account for the 301 error.

Have you contacted the developer of FMEasySync to see if any similar reports have been encountered?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Close File ["Hosted_Database"] working on OS X & Not iOS
            ScottBleackley

on iOS when I close the solution a window remains open for the server which must be manually closed.

When I run same on OS X with debug on server window also opens during PSOS I think but then

is closed.  This is not visible unless stepping in debug mode.

There is only one server window that remains open on iOS after closing the client window if that is what you are asking.

Is there any way to get the server window closed on iOS?  Time critical issue.

Is there a script command that enables me to get or change status of server base database file?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Close File ["Hosted_Database"] working on OS X & Not iOS
              Benjamin Fehr

on iOS when I close the solution a window remains open for the server which must be manually closed.

Closing FMGo via the Home button is something I can recommend today. While with FMGo13, doing so would block FMPro OR FMServer from shutting down with a Error Message "XY is still connected".

FM14 will reset the client connection after about 2 minutes (?) idle time. With FM15, it's a matter of about 5 seconds.

• 4. Re: Close File ["Hosted_Database"] working on OS X & Not iOS
                ScottBleackley

I think I have resolved the immediate issue.

It is not that Close File  does not work on iOS and does on OS X

It is nothing to do with the FMEasySync Process.

I realized that after the Sync process I had added another PSOS step.

There is still an FM issue:  Different behaviour on iOS and OS X

• I did not have Close File   following the PSOS step.

on OSX this did not leave a window open to the remote server database.

• The same file on iOS did leave a window open to the remote server database.

• By adding Close File   after the PSOS step the

there is no window open to the remote server database on iOS or OS X.