9 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 7:57 AM by TSGal

Window no longer showing open windows

sreese

FM Version: 32 Bit 15 Advanced

Problem:

In FileMaker 14 the list of open windows was there, even if it was buggy at times. In FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced it doesn't even show the open windows in the drop down list so I have to resize the windows to flip between them manually.

• 1. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
          TSGal

sreese:

Thank you for your post and screen shot.

I am unable to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced under Windows 7.  As expected, all open Windows should appear below "Arrange Icons", with the current window having a checkmark next to it.

If you switch to a different Window (Citations or DailyLog), do any entries then appear below Arrange Icons?

Do you have any plug-ins installed?  If so, temporarily disable them and see if issue still exists?

Do you have a custom menu set installed?

If you restart FileMaker Pro 15, does the issue still occur?

If you close some or all of the hidden windows, do the open windows then appear below Arrange Icons?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
            nilsw

This issue exists since version 11 or even earlier. It is hard to reproduce because it appears after some time, which can be anything from a few hours to some days. I haven't figured out yet what exactly causes this but I don't think this is related to a specific script, plugin or any kind of reproducible step. Restarting FileMaker solves the problem.. but only until next time.

Nils

• 3. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
              sreese

Greetings,

I have done some testing this morning and to answer your questions:

Yes we use custom menus, but I change back to the classic menu.

The problem goes away when I disable my plugins. The plugins we use are 360 works web assistant and the troi file plugin. Why plugins should/would affect the menu bars and windows is beyond me. I get it affecting code, but I don't really see why that should break the menus.

• 4. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
                sreese

I closed FM and reopened it later without the plugins and the problem appeared again.

• 5. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
                  TSGal

nilsw and sreese:

Thank you for the information.

Although I cannot replicate the issue, I have sent all current information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I will let you know when I receive any feedback.

Are the open windows that are not displayed in the Windows menu (e.g., Daily Log and Citations) the names of the database files?  Or, are the windows opened by a script and named differently?  I am just trying to determine what other factors may be contributing to this issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
                    sreese

Yes the filenames are Citations and DailyLog amongst others.

• 7. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
                      TSGal

sreese:

Thank you for the information.  One possible factor eliminated.  I have included this information in the original report.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
                        TSGal

sreese:

Our Testing department has been unable to replicate the issue.  This is still being investigated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Window no longer showing open windows
                          TSGal

sreese:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Pro 16.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.