2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2016 6:42 AM by beverly

Cannot tag Mike_Mitchell and some others?

bigtom

I have had trouble tagging certain people in the community. @Mike_Mitchell is one of the ones I tend to remember as I seem to want to tag him more often than other names that have the same issue. Mike is however not the only one I am experiencing this with. I have attached a screen shot of the problem as I see it. Most of the time this works perfectly fine. Just a few names never show. It would be nice if Jive would convert "@knownname" to a tag or have some other method so I could tag when replying by email.

No Mike Tag.png

• 1. Re: Cannot tag Mike_Mitchell and some others?
          mark_baum

I believe that people with underscores in their usernames (ahem, like me) cannot be tagged. I'll think about giving myself a new username -- this was a problem in Jive 7 as well, so I don't expect Jive to address it any time soon.

• 2. Re: Cannot tag Mike_Mitchell and some others?
            beverly

Just typing mike (or Mike or mark or Mark) and there are too many to even show in the "possibles" result list.

But to add to this discussion: "tagging" is not always working with reply-by-email. So even if we had a non-underscore name, it would not appear as it does when entered on the forum.

@someone - and I know this is not valid

There are a couple other quirks (such as the square brackets getting munged with reply-by-email), so I tend to login a lot more.

beverly