I am directing this question to those who do host for others or intend to do so. I am trying to divide into a few different but hopefully relevant questions.
- Would you ever give anybody else access to the desktop via Remote Desktop, Teamviewer or another method?
- Would you give anybody else access to there FileMaker Server console?
- Would you give anybody file access to the server via SMB, AFP, FTP or another protocol?
- Would you permit anybody to upload and start a FileMaker file/solution to the server without checking it?
The solutions you host/will host in the future
- Would you host a solution together with other solutions belonging to other people on the same server ... and if, then what about the next questions?
- Will you give the owner full access to develop/create new users/privilege sets?
- What precautions would you take?
- What instructions would you give the owner?
- Will you allow customers to have solutions on your shared server where you have not checked the security settings and the accounts?
- What about rules for passwords etc?
- What about plugins?
- No plugins?
- Only a set of plugins you decide to permit and give access to?
- Free use of plugins on the server?
- Web: Will you give access to this on a shared server?
And which questions do I forget here?
Would be good to have a discussion about this. As you can see I have not included the discussion about pricing and EULA's here. Let's keep that in the other discussions.