5 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2016 7:34 AM by TSGal

crashes with fmp15

seevogel

brand new issues

• 1. Re: crashes with fmp15
          TSGal

seevogel:

Thank you for the crash reports.

The first crash report is more about the operating system.  Can you tell me what you were doing that caused the crash report?

The second crash report appears to revolve around a cell value in Table view.  Again, can you tell me what you were doing that caused the crash report?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: crashes with fmp15
            seevogel

Hi,

unfortunately I can not remember the circumstances of the 1st crash. Maybe it happens while changing from another app to FileMaker or it has something to do with AppleScript.

AFAIR the second crash seems unlikely has to do with table view: I never use the table view.

I remember opening or closing the data viewer using ctrl-D (custom defined shortcut from System Preferences).

It also may have to do with the content of a formula inside the data viewer.

3rd:

I also had a situation where FileMaker 15 was running but using another application in the foreground.

I was not able to activate FileMaker, getting FMP to the foreground (clicking Icon in Dock or via cmd-tab).

So I had to force-quit FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.

• 3. Re: crashes with fmp15
              TSGal

seevogel:

Thank you for the information for the second crash.

Looking at your crash report again, I noticed the operating system as Mac OS X 10.11.5, which has not yet been released and is in Beta.  Do you get the same crash when working on Mac OS X 10.11.4?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: crashes with fmp15
                Benjamin Fehr

seevogel

OSX 10.11.5 public release was launched yesterday.

(and so was iOS 9.3.2)

• 5. Re: crashes with fmp15
                  TSGal

Benjamin Fehr:

Thank you.  I just noticed Mac OS X 10.11.5 was released at 10:00 AM PDT yesterday.  I will update shortly.

seevogel:

I'll forward the second crash report with your information to Development and Testing for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.