1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2016 12:27 PM by lderuntz

Deployment: Can't find server localhost:16001/admin-console

lderuntz

OS 10.10.5 or OS X 10.11.4,

FMS 14 or FMS 15,

While installing FMS 14 or 15 i get in Safari or from the create shortcut "Can't find server localhost:16001/admin-console" or something like that.

It said it installed fine, but the deployment assistant never comes up to complete the installation!

This is very frustrating.  What am I missing?

I really don't have a clue at this moment why the installer is so screwed up, other the than Java.  I hate Java with a passion, and I wish FileMaker would just get rid of it.  It has only complicated things and made things difficult and tedious.  I INEVITABLY HAVE TO DISABLE JAVA UPDATES IN ORDER TO KEEP THINGS WORKING. !

• 1. Re: Deployment: Can't find server localhost:16001/admin-console
          lderuntz

I can't seem to edit the original post, but I found what the problem was.

Incredibly, it was the OS X installation I was working with.  The bare metal install of my first go around, had some sort of corruption or missing libraries, but everything else was there, so it functioned fine.

I believe that is only the second time in my life that I have faced something so unexpected as that, with OS X.