AnsweredAssumed Answered

Table Relationships and Auto-Enter

Question asked by addison on May 17, 2016
Latest reply on May 18, 2016 by addison

I'm building a time card database (each record is a different time card). I have an Account field in the Time Cards table that auto-enters the record creator's account at the time of creation. This field cannot be overridden, and individual users can only view records that have their account in the Account field.

I have another table called Employees, where I want to store Account, First Name, Last Name, and ID Number. In this table, each record represents a different employee.

I want my Time Cards table to auto-enter the employee's first and last names, and ID number upon record creation. Basically, when an employee creates a record, the record should auto-enter their Account (which I've already figured out) and ALSO auto enter their name and ID in the appropriate fields.

I think I will probably have to create relationships between all these fields, but I don't know how to make the relationship dependent on one table or the other, so that it will pull the correct data from one table and display it in the other.

Outcomes