AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with Find on hosted application

Question asked by davehob on May 18, 2016
Latest reply on May 23, 2016 by mikebeargie

The non-profit organisation that I work for has an application (FM14), hosted remotely.  This morning, users reported that they couldn't log in, even though the files were open and available.  When I debugged the startup scripts, it turned out that the problem occurs in a script which does a simple find of the user's record - i.e. finding one record within a table of about 20, in order to load the user's settings.  It shows the 'Processing find' dialog, and then we wait... and wait.  The animated bar suggest that the find is executing, but nothing happens.   There were times this morning when all seemed to be well, but even when users were able to log in during one of these 'good' times, subsequent finds showed the same issue.  So it definitely seems to be a problem with finds, and only on the hosted version of the application - a backup, run locally, is fine. 

This is a new problem with an otherwise stable application.  There have been modifications to it, but an older version, on the same server for testing purposes, shows the same issue.

The hosting company can offer no explanation, although they did re-start the server's 'script engine', which did seem to resolve the problem for a while, but it's now returned.

Do you have any idea what may be causing the problem? 

Dave.

Outcomes