4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 5:40 PM by taylorsharpe

Assistance moving FM 11 from Server 2003 to Server 2008

psenger

The server meets all of the hardware and software requirements.  Software installs but the Admin Console keeps stopping at "Click here to install Java.  The download I used to install included Java 6 update 37.  Trying to bypass by using http://host_IP/1600/admin-console launches but always ends up at the "Click here..."  

Thanks for your interest in this matter.

Pete

• 1. Re: Assistance moving FM 11 from Server 2003 to Server 2008
          taylorsharpe

Remove Java, uninstall FileMaker Server, reinstall FileMaker server and let it install the preferred version of Java.

Better yet, upgrade to Windows Server 2012 and FileMaker Server 15.  FileMaker Server 11 is no longer supported technically by FileMaker and has a lot of vulnerabilities.  I sure hope this is on a closed secure LAN.

• 2. Re: Assistance moving FM 11 from Server 2003 to Server 2008
            taylorsharpe

FYI, the version of Java that FileMaker Server 11 will install by default is also insecure.  But you will need to use it to make use of the Admin Console. 

• 3. Re: Assistance moving FM 11 from Server 2003 to Server 2008
              psenger

Taylor,

Thanks for the quick response Taylor.  Due to some uncertainty about the future direction of this FM database, upgrading is not as pressing as retiring the 2003 server which is still functional.  I suspect this won't be the only bump in the road to getting this server into production.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times in the past several days, including just prior to this post.  I did note that the most current version of JAVA was still installed so I deleted that prior to last re-install - then posted this message.  Returned from lunch and tested the admin console - saw the click here if admin console doesn't launch - JAVA allow screen popped up the Deployment assistant launched.  Stepped through the following screens, opened a FM client and connected to the sample database and can still connect to the production 2003 server database as well. 

Back to the getting started guide but again, thanks for chiming in so quickly.

Pete

• 4. Re: Assistance moving FM 11 from Server 2003 to Server 2008
                taylorsharpe

OK, good luck Pete!  Always a fun challenge trying to hobble old equipment and software, but I think we've all been there.  Cheers!