7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 8:46 AM by TSGal

FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file

PSI

I installed FMA 15 on a Windows 2012 server 75 GB HD with 51.4 GB free space.

I get this error when logging into any database. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

John

tfileError.png

• 1. Re: FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file
          steveromig

I installed FMA 15 on a Windows 2012 server 75 GB HD with 51.4 GB free space.

I get this error when logging into any database. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

John

We have recently had a couple of other reports of similar issues and are trying to track down the root cause of it.  A few follow up questions...

1. Do you also have FileMaker Server installed on this box?
          2. If you have FileMaker Server installed, can you open the file(s) from another FileMaker Pro client not installed on the same box?
          3. Can you confirm that you have write access to this box?  In other words, logged in with a full access / administrator account
          4. Does this happen if you create a sample file - say from one of the starter solutions?

Take a look at the following thread...

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/156766

...and if it sounds like it is the same thing you are seeing, it probably makes sense to continue this conversation over there.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file
            PSI

Hi Steve,

1. I upgraded to FMS 15 last night. (btw: wd much faster. the updates they did for mobile browsers inadvertently fixed issues with my windows phone!)
            2. I can open the files with FMA 14
            3. I am logged in with full access
            4. I create a sample file using contacts. I uploaded it to FMS 15 and it opens correctly

The only difference from the other thread is he is using a mac os and I am using windows.

I will post the same response on the other thread

John

• 3. Re: FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file
              keywords

This could be a permissions issue at operating system level. Check that you have permissions for FMServer and FMUser correctly set.

• 4. Re: FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file
                TSPigeon

All:

This issue is still unresolved, however we have released documentation: Error "Temporary file could not be created" when opening a favorited file | FileMaker

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file
                  gary@koko.org

I experienced the same error when opening a "Served" Filemaker 15 database via Filemaker Pro 15 Advanced running on the SAME Server computer (as if it "were" remote).  However,  when I accessed the Served database from a version of FMP or FMP Adv. on another (client) computer (whether on a Local or global network) the error disappeared.

Both the Server and Client computers are running Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).

Hope this helps the FM development team fix the bug.

Thanks,

. . . Gary

• 6. Re: FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file
                    navgme

I am having the same problem.  When i open from fms 15 using fmpa14 no problems.  This problem only occurs on my pc using win10 with server in same box as fmpa 15.  I also have fmpa 15 on my mac and have no problems accesssing or errors when retrieving files from server on PC.  Have spoken with fm regarding issue and so far no resolution but They are trying hard to resolve

thanks

• 7. Re: FMA 15 - Can't create temporary file
                      TSGal

All:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Pro 15.0.2.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.