3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 9:18 PM by steveromig

Can I change the username and password on a FM14 file

mobiledog

I have been using the trial version to test FM functionality for a customer. Purchased FM15 Pro Advanced following the the trial period and attempted to load up the files built in FM14. When asked for the user and password to access the file, opening file failed. Is there a tool or some method to remove the secure file access. I also purchased the FM15 Server Developer license.

• 1. Re: Can I change the username and password on a FM14 file
          steveromig

I have been using the trial version to test FM functionality for a customer. Purchased FM15 Pro Advanced following the the trial period and attempted to load up the files built in FM14. When asked for the user and password to access the file, opening file failed. Is there a tool or some method to remove the secure file access. I also purchased the FM15 Server Developer license.

All newly created FileMaker files have a full access account name of Admin and a blank password.  If you disabled the auto-login for your file(s) for that account it will prompt you for an account name and password to access your file(s).

And you can add, remove, or edit account names and password in a FileMaker file by going to FILE > MANAGE > SECURITY and entering in a valid full access account name and password.

If you are using a valid account name and password and still cannot get into your files then something else is going on and we'd need more information about the error message you are receiving.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Can I change the username and password on a FM14 file
            mobiledog

Thanks for the reply Steve. Through the evaluation I must have set a password for the Admin user. Here is the error message.

Admin with a blank password.

The account name and password you entered does not match those for any FileMaker account.

• 3. Re: Can I change the username and password on a FM14 file
              steveromig

Thanks for the reply Steve. Through the evaluation I must have set a password for the Admin user. Here is the error message.

Admin with a blank password.

The account name and password you entered does not match those for any FileMaker account.

If an account name of "admin" (not case sensitive) and a blank password did not work, then the [FULL ACCESS] account name and/or password has been changed.  Hopefully you or someone who has been working on the file knows what this account name and password is as there is no way to retrieve a lost account name and password in a FileMaker file.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.